Frequently Asked Questions
Will I need a reservation and what if I can’t attend the class?
- Yes, you need to reserve your space in a class on our website. We require a credit card payment when you make the reservation. We have a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you are unable to cancel in that time-period, you can transfer the reservation to a friend and email or call us to let us know. If you cannot make the class and cannot transfer the reservation, we will give you a 50% discount on the next class you schedule.
What is your class cancellation policy?
- We require at least a minimum of 6 students to hold a class. Some of the paintings may be more popular than others and there could be a class cancelled. If you purchase a space in a class that is cancelled you will receive a full refund or a transfer to another class, which ever you prefer.
How much are the classes?
- A 2-hour class is $40.00 and the price of a 3-hour class is $50.00.
What’s the difference between the regular and extended classes?
- The regular class last up to 2 hours and is $40.00 and extended classes are for more detailed paintings and last up to 3 hours and cost $50.00.
Can I bring a teen or child under 21 years of age?
- No, we have a wine and beer license and are classified as a bar. No one under 21 years of age is allowed in the studio.
What kind of paint do you use in the studio classes and will my painting be dry enough to take home?
- We use acrylic paint that are non-toxic and water soluble. Acrylics dry fast and your paintings should be dry when you’re ready to leave but if they aren’t we have dryers to dry them quickly.
What time should I arrive for a class?
- It’s a good idea to show up 15 to 20 minutes before the class begins. If you’re a few minutes late we can help you catch up but if more than 15 minutes late you will need to reschedule for ½ price.
What should I wear?
- You should wear clothes that you would not mind getting a little paint on but we provide aprons to wear over your clothes.
Will I be able to paint if I’ve never painted before?
- Yes, you don’t need to be an experienced painter. We cater to your needs and the artist guides you step-by-step through the whole process. You will leave with a painting you can be proud of and call your own.
Can I hold a private party at your studio?
- Yes, we need a minimum of 7 participants. We can do groups up to 30. We can do: Friends and Family, Bachelorette Parties, Book Clubs, Office Parties, Singles, Couples, Seniors, Hang Outs, and Corporate Teams. We can hold non-art events in our space and will provide the same options of wine, beer, and soft drinks. We can fulfill request for certain brands and work with a caterer to bring food into the space as well. Contact Susan Wagoner directly for more information.
What types of wine and beer do you have and can I bring my own?
- We have a full menu of wine and beer with prices on our website. Bringing your own wine will result in a $10 corkage fee.
What is an open studio?
- Open studio is a time when the studio is open for walk-ins and we provide everything like canvas, paint, easels, brushes, aprons, etc. and you paint what you want. There are books and things to get you inspired but you are on your own to paint what you’d like.
How can I buy a class for someone else for their birthday or just because and let them choose the painting they want to do?
- All you need to do is buy a gift certificate from our website and give them the code to use when they decide which class they want to sign up for.